FVI School of Nursing strictly adheres to all state regulations and accrediting standards to ensure that our nursing program maintains the highest quality standards, ensuring that FVI students are well-supported and academically prepared for the NCLEX and clinical practice upon graduation. This is why we have rigorous entrance requirements and academic standards to ensure that all admitted students are prepared for nursing and can succeed if accepted.
Our mission is to educate and prepare students to be professionals in high-demand careers. We want to increase employability and inspire lifelong career growth, thereby improving the quality of life for people in our community. We aim to develop student knowledge, skills, and competencies to provide safe and effective care, promote client health and well-being, and enter the profession of nursing serving a diverse community.
When we think of a premier nursing school, we think of institutions that offer exceptional nursing education, preparing students to become highly skilled and compassionate nurses. Some of the characteristics that distinguish premier nursing schools, like FVI School of Nursing, from other nursing programs include:
- Accreditation: Premier nursing schools are accredited by recognized organizations such as the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). The Associate of Science programs at FVI School of Nursing and Technology, Miramar, Florida and Miami, Florida are accredited by the Accredited Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). Accreditation ensures that the nursing program meets rigorous standards and provides quality education.
- Faculty qualifications: Premier nursing schools have faculty members who are experts in their field, with advanced degrees and extensive experience in nursing practice, education, and research. Here at FVI, the Director of Nursing holds a doctorate in nursing education and has 30 years of clinical and nursing education experience. Additionally, all nursing faculty at FVI hold MSN degrees, with over 30% holding doctoral degrees.
- Clinical experience: Providing students with hands-on clinical experience in a variety of healthcare settings is another goal of premier nursing schools. This allows students to develop the skills and knowledge needed to provide safe and effective patient care. At FVI, we have many great clinical partnerships with notable medical offices and hospitals for our students to get hands-on experience.
- Resources: Premier nursing schools offer students access to cutting-edge technology, state-of-the-art simulation labs, and other resources that enhance their learning experience. FVI offers exceptional clinical facilities, such as our high-fidelity simulation labs.
- Support services: Providing a range of support services, such as tutoring, academic advising, and career counseling, to help students succeed academically and professionally is very important in a premier nursing school. Here at FVI, we offer:
- Financial aid opportunities for those who qualify.
- Tutoring assistance can be provided.
- Career services, that assist with balancing home and work responsibilities, host learning workshops, mock interviews, etc.
Additionally, here at FVI, students have continued support from the Director of Nursing, faculty, success coach and career services with tutoring, workshops and boot-camps during their program until graduation is achieved and post-graduation until NCLEX success is achieved. Our Nursing program has consecutively, for the past two years, surpassed the national average of 78% for the NCLEX pass rate. Moreover, we achieved the highest NCLEX pass-rate among ALL Accredited Miami-Dade & Broward County AD-RN-Programs for 2022, with a pass rate of 90.9%!
All in all, when choosing a premier nursing school, these are things that should be taken into consideration. FVI School of Nursing prides ourselves on providing our students with each of these characteristics and more.