Admissions Requirements and Procedures
FVI School of Nursing and Technology affirms a policy of equal employment opportunity, equal educational opportunity, nondiscrimination in the provision of educational training to the public and administrating all educational services. The School is open to all students without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, marital status or other factors which cannot be lawfully considered for an employment decision.
We believe that we can help you find a program that is right for you!
General Admissions Requirements
To be eligible for admission, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- The applicant must be seventeen years of age or older at the time he/she starts his/her program. If the applicant is under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian must sign and agree to the terms and conditions of the enrollment agreement.
- The applicant must complete an initial interview with an Admissions Representative and/or other administrative staff. It is the policy of the school not to allow any enrollment unless the prospective student visits the facilities. An Admission Representative will explain to the applicant the school programs and policies during the interview.
- The applicant must provide a valid driver’s license, state ID with photo, or valid passport.
- The applicant must be a high school graduate or possess the recognized equivalent of a high school diploma. The applicant must provide documentation of graduation from a high school or college in the form of a valid high school diploma, GED certificate, a higher earned degree, an official high school or GED transcript showing graduation date or other acceptable official documentation which confirms that the applicant meets or exceeds the academic achievement equal to a high school diploma in the USA. Documentation of proof of completion of secondary education from a foreign country must be officially translated into English and officially certified as the equivalent of high school completion in the United States.
- The applicant must pay the required Registration Fee and complete all tuition payment requirements.
- The applicant must complete and sign an Enrollment Agreement. If an applicant is less than 18 years of age, a parent or legal guardian must also sign the Enrollment Agreement. Age Disclaimer: NOT all employers may hire a person younger than 18 years of age.
- The applicant entering a clinical training program will be required to pass a criminal background record check at his/her own expense.
Disclosure: Presence of criminal convictions on record may make a student ineligible for state licensure and may prevent a student from being employed in the field for which they have been trained. Applicants are strongly encouraged to contact the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulations for information regarding the licensure application: www.myfloridalicense.com/ prior to enrolling.
Additional Admission Requirements for the Pharmacy Technician Program
- The applicant applying for the Pharmacy Technician program must pass a Scholastic Level Exam (SLE) with a score of 11 or higher. The applicant is entitled to two attempts on the same day to achieve a passing score. In the event the applicant fails to achieve the minimum passing score after the second attempt, the applicant is eligible to retake the exam a third attempt after a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from date of the second attempt. After these three attempts the applicant can retake the test one more time 30 days from the date of the last attempt.
- The applicant must submit to and pass a criminal background check upon acceptance into the program. (No felony convictions that occurred within the last ten (10) years, and/or any conviction that was drug or pharmacy related).
So now that you are ready to take that first step to changing your life, come meet with one of our admissions representatives and enroll today! Our admissions process is simple and easy to get you started on the path to success.