5 Reasons why Pharmacy Technicians are in High Demand
Are you interested in medicine and the medical field, but you don’t want to spend a ton of time in school or training? Working as a pharmacy technician could be a good option. This type of work allows you to work with patients and medications, but you do not have to go to school for years and years. Pharmacy technicians help out pharmacists to fill prescriptions and assist patients, and a pharmacy technician can complete their training program in less than a year.
5 Reasons to Choose FVI for a Pharmacy Tech Program
There are a lot of reasons to go to school at FVI School of Nursing and Technology for a pharmacy technician education. We are discussing just a few of these reasons below, so check them out!
- The Pharmacy Field Is Growing – One reason to choose a pharmacy technician program at FVI is that this type of program offers you an option for a good career in a growing field. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for pharmacy technicians is expected to grow by about seven percent from 2018 to 2028. This is faster than average growth for occupations, which means that it could be a good option for you. Entering a field or career that is experiencing growth means that you will have many job options and opportunities. There is a growing need for people in pharmacy because medicine is advancing to help people live longer. A larger percentage of the population is also reaching the age where they need more medications for their everyday lives.
- You Can Master Relevant Pharmacy Skills – Your pharmacy technician program at FVI School of Nursing and Technology will help you master skills you will use in your work as a pharmacy technician. By the time you have completed school, you will be able to identify different medications by generic names and brand names, you will also be able to make pharmacy calculations for dosage, and you will be able to perform basic techniques to mix certain medications. You will get to practice and master these skills during your schooling so that you know how to do your work in the future.
- You Get Hands-On Learning – Many people have a hard time with school when they are asked to sit in a classroom and listen to a lecture. However, at FVI, your schooling will not be like that. Yes, you will be in the classroom, but you will also get some hands-on learning opportunities. You will learn about packaging medications, and you will get the chance to actually practice this. Also, at FVI, you will get the chance to do a Pharmacy Technician externship. During this externship, you will
- You Have Different Opportunities After Schooling – Another reason to choose a pharmacy technician program at FVI is that you will have different job opportunities. You could work at a hospital pharmacy, a compounding pharmacy, a mail-order pharmacy, or a retail pharmacy. These different pharmacies can provide you with different job duties, so you can find the one that fits best with your life. For example, a retail pharmacy tech focuses a lot on providing customer service, while a hospital pharmacy tech spends much of their time preparing prescriptions. A compounding pharmacy tech probably has a little more expertise in making medications and helps the pharmacist with that process.
- The coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic is affecting the work of health care providers across the nation, and pharmacy technicians are no exception. However, in the midst of rapid industry changes and new demands, pharmacy technicians are meeting the challenge of these evolving roles and responsibilities head-on. Recently, 12 pharmacy organizations in the United States jointly released a cohesive set of recommendations for policymakers to address the COVID-19 pandemic, including expanding pharmacists’ role in combatting the virus. As the role of the pharmacist is expanded to meet the greater needs of the public, so too will the role of the pharmacy technician within the pharmacy.
Those are just four reasons to complete the pharmacy technician program at FVI. The truth is, there are plenty more reasons like the good pay, the certification options, the great instructors, and the affordable schooling. This pharmacy technician program could be a great way to get you started in the workforce soon.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]FVI School of Nursing and Technology has a lot of great programs in fields that are growing. One example of this is our pharmacy technician program. There is more demand for people to work as pharmacy technicians because the pharmaceutical industry is growing. Working as a pharmacy tech can be rewarding because you are helping people that need it, and it can be a good job to earn you a good living. This type of work could be a great option for you. If you want to learn more about whether the FVI pharmacy technician program is a good option for you, you can reach out to us today. You can also check out all the other programs that FVI School of Nursing and Technology has to offer you like nursing, medical assistant training, cybersecurity training, and more.
For more information about graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website: