Imagine yourself at a doctor’s office or hospital attending to the needs of patients that come in. Imagine yourself helping those patients understand their medical issue and setting them on the path to feeling better.
Working as a nurse can be very rewarding work. You are helping others with the most important thing—their health. Nursing is a noble profession, but it does require a lot of medical knowledge and experience. To become a nurse, you have to attend a nursing school and pass a licensing exam. FVI School of Nursing and Technology has a school of nursing that could help you on your path to becoming a nurse. Check out a few different reasons you should attend FVI’s school of nursing below.
Reasons to Attend the School of Nursing at FVI
Check out some good reasons to attend the nursing program at FVI School of Nursing and Technology right here, and consider if this program is right for you.
- Prepares You for Rewarding Work in a Growing Field – Working in the medical field can be very rewarding. This type of work involves helping others feel better and achieve optimal health. As a nurse, you can work in hospitals, clinics, doctor’s offices, and other healthcare facilities. When you work as a nurse, you will be doing meaningful work in a growing field. According to gov, from 2016 to 2026, employment of registered nurses is projected to grow 15 percent. If you attend a school of nursing like the one at FVI, you could learn how to do great work in a field that will have increased employment opportunities.
- Extensive Labs and Clinical Experiences – When you attend nursing school at FVI School of Nursing and Technology, you will not just be sitting in a classroom all day. You will have classroom learning, but this will go along with lab opportunities and clinical experiences so that you can get some real hands-on learning experiences. During our skills labs, we simulate different basic medical care and procedures. During your clinical experiences, you will get the chance to work in the real world of nursing under the supervision of a doctor or registered nurse. We understand that there is much more to medicine than just the theory, so we give you some practice applying your medical knowledge with labs and clinicals.
- Experienced Staff and Success Coaches – At FVI’s school of nursing, we prepare you for success by surrounding you with experienced staff and teachers. Our faculty have experience in nursing, and they will prepare you for success on your exams and in the field. At FVI School of Nursing and Technology, we also have Success Coaches and peer mentors to help you. With our Associate of Nursing program, each student has a Success Coach that will help you meet your academic and professional goals by guiding and mentoring you. They will be there for questions or concerns you have about schooling and your future career.
- Prepares You for NCLEX-RN Success – To become a nurse, you have to be licensed or registered. To do this, you need to complete a nursing program and pass an examination. The specific exam for nurses is called the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses or the NCLEX-RN. This exam exists to make sure that nurses are qualified to work in the healthcare profession. At FVI, we understand that exams and licensing can sometimes seem intimidating. That is why we have a nursing curriculum that helps you learn everything you need to know to pass the NCLEX-RN. We even offer specific exam prep to prepare you for the best chance of passing on your first attempt.
- Our Career Services Can Provides Job Search Resources – One final reason to attend nursing school at FVI School of Nursing and Technology is our excellent career services department. It is one thing for post-secondary education to give you the education you need, and it is another for them to provide you with the resources you need to get a job after you finish school. FVI School of Nursing and Technology prides ourselves on helping students find a job after they finish school with some of our excellent resources. Our career services department helps upcoming graduates as well as alumni with resume building, interview tips, job-search strategies, and employer networking. We even have on-site and off-site hiring events to help you find a job in this competitive job market.
Above, we discussed five different reasons to attend the school of nursing at FVI School of Nursing and Technology, but there are many more reasons. This nursing program could be an amazing option that gets you started on a great career. Learn more about the nursing program at FVI School of Nursing and Technology by clicking here.
For more information about graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website: