Health Services Administration – MBC Track
Get an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Health Service Administration (HSA) - MBC Track
The Health Service Administration (HSA) program prepares students for entry-level administrative positions in outpatient and inpatient healthcare settings. The program is designed for allied health professionals to earn an applied technology diploma (ATD) as a medical assistant or medical billing and coding as part of the associate of applied science degree in Health Service Administration. HSA program consists of courses in three areas: the ATD occupation medical billing and coding), college-level general education (with topics supporting healthcare administration), and healthcare service administration. The core HSA courses include instructions in the U.S. healthcare systems, laws, and regulations; healthcare accounting and financing; administration and management; and supervision of human resources. The program is focused on preparing students for employment and nationally recognized certifications.
Start your Health Services Administration journey at FVI School of Nursing and Technology – Contact us today to book a career planning session. We’d love to discuss with you our HSA – MBC Track program.
The Associate of Applied Science Degree in Health Services Administration – MBC Track is offered at FVI School of Nursing Miramar
Benefits to Current Medical Billing and Coders
- A Certified Medical Billing and Coder can benefit from continuing his education by earning an associate degree that serves as a building block for career growth
- Most jobs require an associate degree, so the opportunities for jobs increase with a degree instead of a certificate
- With a degree in Health Service Administration, the Medical Billing and Coder could grow into a position as Supervisor, Administrator, and/or Medical Office Manager
Medical and health services managers plan, direct, and coordinate the business activities of healthcare providers. Most medical and health services managers work in offices in healthcare facilities, including hospitals and nursing homes, and group medical practices.
For more information on career and employment outlook, check the Bureau of Labor Statistics website.
What Can I Expect?
Upon the completion of the Health Service Administration (HSA) program, the graduate will demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and competencies to:
- Effectively work in entry-level supervisory, administrative, and managerial roles in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Utilize the knowledge of healthcare administration, laws and regulations, accounting, and finances, and planning to perform diverse administrative duties in health service settings.
- Utilize effective communication and management techniques to supervise human resources and address clients’ needs in health service settings
- Apply leadership, critical thinking, strategic planning, and human resources competencies to the day-to-day operations
- Function as a team member to support the goals and objectives of a healthcare organization
The Applied Associate of Science Degree in Health Services Administration – MA Track program was designed to progressively develop student knowledge, skills, and competencies as they advance through the degree plan. Health Services Administration courses and general education courses have been developed to build on previous experiences and allow students to apply knowledge, skills, and competencies in a progressive and cumulative fashion.
For more information on our HSA program in Miami, please refer to our School Catalog