Now that you have realized that furthering your education will provide you with the necessary skills to advance your career, how do you finance this effort? Through the use of various funding sources, you may be able to go to school with little to none out of pocket expenses. With some extra effort, you can be well on your way to funding your future career.
There are several options for paying for school. You can use all, or some, of these options to support your investment into your future. Let’s highlight a few of the options:
- You may be entitled to educational grants, such as the PELL grant. This is money that you will not have to repay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Look into your current job’s policies or you can work for an organization that provides tuition reimbursement. This is a win-win situation: you receive a salary and a portion of your education will be paid. There are usually stipulations. You may have to work a certain time after you receive your degree for the company or you may have to maintain a certain grade point average. Tuition reimbursement is usually untaxed
- Veteran Benefits
- A military veteran may receive certain veteran benefits to assist with the cost of education. These benefits may exceed the cost of tuition and do not have to be repaid
- There are scholarships available, as well. Scholarships are given for various reasons, not just exceptional scholastics. Your local library probably has a reference book listing all available grants and scholarships. It is worth researching since this is free money. Scholarships provide money that doesn’t need to be paid back.
- Make sure to research the jobs where your parents work as well. Companies enjoy giving college funds to their “company family”.
- Activities outside of school organizations from Eagle Scouts to community involvement and civic minded organizations, invest top dollar in their scholarship programs.
- Not always the favorite source of funding for your future. However, loans, private or government, may be a small price to pay to gain access to the next career level. While loans should be a last resort, if you are not willing to invest in your future, why should anyone else?
The student services center will be able to help you explore your best options for financial aid and support for your new endeavor. Funding your education doesn’t have to be difficult. Use the resources of FVI School of Nursing and Technology to help you on your way to a career in a high-demand profession. Through the use of our services, you will be able to find the most comfortable way for you to finance your future. FVI School of Nursing and Technology is here today to support your future career. Let us help you.