It is common to know a lot about certain careers like teachers, nurses, doctors, and lawyers because those jobs are talked about quite often. However, there are other jobs and professions that are not discussed as much. For example, you may not know exactly what a pharmacy technician is or does. However, this type of career and the pharmacy field, in general, are growing fairly quickly, so it could be a good profession to know about. Learn more about some common questions that are asked about pharmacy technicians and what they do below.
Common Questions Asked About Working as a Pharmacy Technician
When you learn about a particular job, it is common to have questions about the position. People want to know what the job requires in terms of skills and education. Often, people also want to know how much the job pays. Below, we take a look at answering some of the frequently asked questions in regards to working as a pharmacy technician. Check out the answers below to learn more about this profession.
- What Does a Pharmacy Technician Do? Every job has certain tasks and daily duties that are required. As a pharmacy technician, the main daily tasks will be to hand out prescriptions to patients and provide great customer service. You will also have to work to keep the pharmacy organized, stock the inventory, and help the pharmacists out in any way you can.
- Do Pharmacy Technicians Put Together Prescriptions? A pharmacist is a person that puts together prescriptions for patients and customers because they have extensive training in medicine and pharmacology. However, a pharmacy technician may assist the pharmacist in specific tasks like putting pills in bottles, labeling prescriptions, and more.
- How Do I Know If This Is a Good Job for Me? It can be hard to know whether a job will be a good fit for you. However, in regards to pharmacy technicians, this job might be a good fit for you if you are detail-oriented, you enjoy helping people, you like to work in a fast-paced environment, and you are ready for challenges. It can also be a good job for you if you enjoy being part of the pharmaceutical world and you are interested in the industry.
- Is There an Exam or Training to Become a Pharmacy Technician? It is required for pharmacy technicians to have a high school diploma or equivalent experience. Many people can also attend a pharmacy technician school or training program that helps them learn the knowledge and skills they need to work in this field. This schooling program is usually a pretty short program that only takes a few months to complete. There is also a certification exam that is two hours long, and it is composed of 90 questions. This examination covers topics like administering medication, identifying drug supplies, pharmaceutical laws and regulations, medical safety, accounting and billing, and more.
- What Skills Are Necessary to Become a Pharmacy Technician? There are a lot of important skills for becoming a pharmacy technician, but two of the most important skills are customer service skills and being detail-oriented. It is essential to have good customer service skills because you will be talking to patients and clients all day. You will be giving them their prescriptions and answering their questions. You will also have to be very detail-oriented because you will have your hands on all types of medication. You need to be sure you have the right prescription, the right label, and you give the right instructions to every patient that comes through to see you. The details are very important in medical and pharmaceutical work.
- Is There a High Demand for People to Work as Pharmacy Techs? Many jobs in the medical and pharmaceutical industries are growing in the coming years. This is because people are living longer, and there are more and more advancements with medicine and prescriptions. The Oficina de estadísticas laborales tells us that from 2016 to 2026, employment for pharmacy technicians is expected to grow 12 percent. This means it could be a good field to get involved in.
Above, we discussed some of the top questions about the career of a pharmacy technician. At FVI School of Nursing and Technology, we are happy to answer any questions you have about pharmacy technicians because we have a pharmacy technician training program. This training program teaches you about pharmacology, customer service, insurance and billing, pharmacy law, pharmacy regulations, and more. Learn more about this program aquí.
Para obtener más información sobre las tasas de graduación, la deuda media de los estudiantes que completaron el programa y otra información importante, visite nuestro sitio web: