Working in the medical field can be enjoyable for many people. It is a career that involves helping people in challenging situations. It can take a lot of time and schooling to become a doctor, but you can become a registered nurse and help people in the medical field with a lot less educational demands. Learn more about registered nurses below.
What is a Registered Nurse?
A registered nurse is someone who provides and organizes patient care for different medical issues and health conditions. They assist doctors and surgeons in administrative and medical tasks. The job duties of a registered nurse will depend on the specific employer and place of employment, but there are some basic duties that most nurses perform. Some of these tasks include recording patient histories, assessing patient vitals, observing patients, administering medicines and treatments, helping to perform tests or labs, teaching patients about their illness and treatment options.
To become a registered nurse, you need a an associate or bachelor?s degree in nursing. Then, you must pass a licensing exam called the NCLEX-RN, to be able to work as a nurse. Learn more about the knowledge and skills required to be a registered nurse below.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements to Become a Nurse
Nursing is a specialized profession that requires a lot of knowledge and skill. To become a nurse, you need education and training as well as some other skills and abilities. Find out more about what it takes to be a nurse below.
- Education and Medical Training ? To become a nurse, you need to have specialized training. Nurses have to attend to patient?s medical needs. They have to understand anatomy and physiology, basic pharmacology, medical procedures, and more. Nurses will be assisting doctors in taking care of patients, but they will still need a lot of medical knowledge. There are a few different options when it comes to training to become a nurse. You can attend an associate degree program, or you can attend a bachelors degree program. The one you choose will depend on your specific career goals and the program that works best for your life.
- Nursing License ? To be able to work as a nurse, you also need a license. This license requires you to take and pass an examination. This examination is called the NCLEX-RN or the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses. This exam will test you on the specific knowledge and skills you will need to work as a nurse in the healthcare field. You will get questions on the exam about basic patient care, medical procedures, medications, and more. However, your nursing school should teach you what you need to know to pass this examination.
- Communication and Listening Skills ? Communication and listening skills are also essential for someone who wants to work in nursing. As a nurse, you will have to communicate effectively with your patients. You will often be the one taking patient medical histories and asking the patients about their symptoms. This means you need to be able to communicate well and listen to their health concerns. You will also want to listen to any questions your patient may have and answer them accurately. Sometimes as a nurse, you will have to give a patient instruction on medications or other treatment, so it is important that you are clear and precise.
- Compassion and Concern for Patients ? As a nurse, you are helping people with their health concerns. It is important that you have compassion for those patients because you need to work hard to help them. Showing care and concern for your patients can help them be honest about their symptoms so that you and the doctor can help the patient to the best of your ability.
- Administrative and Organizational Skills ? You will also need to be organized and have good administrative skills to work as a nurse. You will be handling patient files and taking patient health histories. You will need to know how to keep papers and files organized as well as keeping the office itself organized.
FVI School of Nursing and Technology has a school of nursing that can help you prepare to work in the medical field. Working as a nurse can be challenging, but it can also be very rewarding. It is also a job that is experience projected growth in employment, so there could be some great opportunities for you. haga clic aquí to learn more about the nursing program at FVI School of Nursing and Technology and why it might be right for you.
Para obtener más información sobre las tasas de graduación, la deuda media de los estudiantes que completaron el programa y otra información importante, visite nuestro sitio web: